A sales tax holiday can create a surge in business for a retailer. Know when and where the holidays are taking place and create opportunity!
Here are some tips:
- Know what’s tax exempt and what’s not and for how long.
- Plan your inventory accordingly.
- Anticipate staffing needs.
- Communicate the tax-free holidays to your consumers!
- Focus on the customer experience so customers will come back even after the tax-free sale.
Click here for the 2018 State Tax Holiday Chart.
For past programs, see 2017 State Tax Holiday Chart