By Angel Sauer
Sales Tax Research Team Leader
- In Arkansas, the sales and use tax rate increased for the cities of Clarksville, Manilla, and Searcy and for the counties of Garland and Greene. The cities of Caraway, Maynard and Widener enacted new rates.
- In California, the sales tax rates for the cities of Fairfax, Palm Springs, Oakdale, and Vallejo and the counties of Mendocino, Willits, Point Arena, Fort Bragg and Ukiah increased.
- In Georgia, the sales tax rate increased for Bibb County and decreased for the counties of Dade, Pike and Treutlen.
- In Kansas, the sales and use tax rates decreased for the city of Colby and increased for the city of Mission and Mission Gateway TDD. The sales and use tax rates for Jackson County decreased. The Cities of Wichita, and Hoisington and the County of Harper created new Community Improvement Districts (CID).
- In Missouri, the sales and use tax rates changed for the counties of Madison, Newton, and the cities of Cameron, Carthage, Cleveland, Hamilton, Jefferson, New Madrid, Niangua, Senath, Warsaw, and several CID’s and TDD’s.
- In Nebraska, the sales and use tax rate increased for the city of Ravenna.
- In New York, the sales tax exemption on clothing has changed in several locations.
- In North Carolina, the sales and use tax rates increased for the counties of Buncombe, Durham, Montgomery and Orange.
- In North Dakota, the sales, use and gross receipts tax increased for the cities of Forman and Williston and a new tax was imposed for the city of Kindred.
- In Ohio, the sales and use tax rates increased for the counties of Lake and Stark and decreased for the county of Marion.
- In Oklahoma, the sales and use tax rates increased for the cities of Edmond, Oilton and Wetumka and a new use tax rate was enacted for Luther.
- In Texas, the sales and use tax rates changed for the cities of Paducah, Grandfalls, Murphy, Lone Oak, Lowry Crossing, Moody and Webberville and several Special Purpose Districts.
- In Washington, the sales and use tax rates increased for the cities of North Bend, Shelton and Woodland and the counties of Clark, Franklin, Mason, Pierce, and Skamania.
ZIP code changes for April: There were 31 states with ZIP code changes this month including Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Washington D.C., Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, North Dakota, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and West Virginia.